Most parents and caregivers if able to love to help and I love parent, caregiver, anybody help especially when it comes to those simple jobs that take forever.  
I have always had a box where I will pop simple gluing, cutting etc. jobs I need finished.  Send a note out at the beginning of the year with a brief explanation about your helper box.  Leave it somewhere near the door so parents can simply pop their head in and peek to see if the box has a job in it.


It is really important to have all the necessary equipment needed to complete the job.  Add a note with an explanation, I have a template on my laptop which starts Dear Wonderful Helper and I add the directions.  It's important to be specific and exacting in your directions as you don't want it done incorrectly as then it can become more work.  I am pretty fussy so I will add straight lines, leave a 1cm border etc.


Always add a finished example and label it example so helpers can see exactly what you are wanting.

It is often hard to ask for help but this is a really simple way to save yourself some time and so many caregivers do want to help.

You can grab a copy of the label here

Be kind to yourself let others help.

Thanks for stopping by,
Annie

No comments

Back to Top