Nursery Rhymes.
I have always included a weekly nursery rhyme in my reading plan, there are many reasons I believe we should teach nursery rhymes and I won't go into this too deeply as I am sure everyone follows this concept.

But just quickly here are a quick few reasons:

They make great first readers because: 
They are often repetitive.
Are fantastic for shared reading time.
They usually include many high frequency words.
They help teach rhythm and rhyme.
Often children already know them - so yah! Instant success, independence 
and  confidence. 
They are fun and silly.
They are great for introducing sequencing.
And they are our history.

I have been teaching my nursery rhymes over 2 weeks  for awhile and I have been doing this for many reasons. 
 I feel the children, firstly have more of an opportunity to master them.
 To be honest enjoy them more and we have more time to explore them.
So give it a try, see what you think, let me know.


Anyway, when I came across the cutest clipart I had to use it to make some Nursery Rhyme bits and pieces for my class.  
I have focused most of the activities on sequencing. 

So take a peek.

Each Nursery Rhyme comes with a teacher's poster.




A child's copy to glue into their poetry book.


Sequencing cards.



Cut and paste sequencing worksheet.  


Cut, paste and sequence and write a sentence for each. 

A simple foldable reader.



And words and pictures for your pocket charts or cut paste and order.





At the moment I have 2 packs for sale but as more of this gorgeous clipart becomes available I will make more sets.




You can grab them both from my TPT Store here and here.


No comments

Back to Top