Sight Word Fun Pack with a Free Sampler.






I think we probably can never do enough sight word or as we say down here high frequency word work in the first year of school.   I will always remember my very first year of teaching my wonderful and wise teacher neighbour said to me early on chn. need at least 20 h/f words to really get moving in reading.  And so I strove to get them to their first 20.  And 23 years on it is still stuck firmly in my mind and is still one of my first goals for each child.

Here are different ways to practise the 35 words that I think are some of the first that are needed to start reading and writing.  (37 words as I have included we & come in Stamp and Rainbow write)




It includes opportunities to stamp, trace and cut and paste a sentence using the h/f word.






I then had an after thought and duplicated all 37 Stamping worksheets (see above) and replaced stamping with Rainbow Write to enable both options as I find it can be chaotic having too many of my kids stamping at once.



And just to mix it up a similar concept except with colour/color, trace, read and write the h/f word.




I made this next sheet as a game a kind of race to finish idea but it can also be an individual activity.  Spin trace and then fill in the blanks.



Another twist on a similar theme but I think probably slightly more challenging, spin then write, rainbow write, use in a sentence and cut and build the h/f word.




Tracing strips for your writing centre.



And it would not be complete without a Roll the Die, trace and write.


Grab the Free Sampler here

Or

 Grab Sight Word Fun HERE


Thanks.

















No comments

Back to Top