Writing - Learning to Sequence. A Freebie



Teaching kindergarten different genres of writing can often be tricky moving on from the safety of simple sentences can be oh so painstakingly slow.  I went to .... I am..... I like ...... really does get done to death and lets face it get be get pretty boring so one of the things I like to teach chn. quite early on is the concept of sequencing, which then hopefully they will then carry into their narratives, recounts and retells.
We start with something quite simple like the above example going to the library and as a class we break this down into 3 steps.  For example 
First : We had our old book into the librarian.
Next : We browse and choose a new book.
Finally : We borrow our book and go back to our classroom.
3 steps is enough to begin with it is the concept of sequencing and using sequential words that  I am really trying to teach.

This is for free here

No comments

Back to Top